Dear Mom and Dad,
Once upon a time death stole my mother away from me when I was only 15 years. Five years after it came after my father.
Mothers/Fathers Day makes me sad till date. What is a home without my parents ? I badly miss you both. Mom, you have been missed for the past 20 years. Dad you have also been missed for 15 years. A lot has happened since your departure.
They said time heals but they lied. I miss you more every passing minute . You left us too early. You missed out on our growing up. You missed out on every milestone in our lives.
Let me try and fill you in on some of the things you have missed out on.
1) We all made it through school. We are all gainfully employed . Afia runs her own shop in London, Serwaa runs a mother and baby online shop. Agyeiwaa is a fantastic caterer, Dufie is a baker . They both took after you Mommy. Apart from my regular 9am – 5pm job, I started my own business on the side too. So far it has been great ; it can only get better. I also have a charity project called Friends of NICU
2) The four of us all moved from Kumasi to Accra and Afia is still in Britain with her kids. I’m the only one who lives far apart from the rest. But we do get together most often. Agyeiwaa lives with me now because she is helping me take care of my baby Ewuradwoa.
3) All your 5 girls have experienced marriage and we are all happy.
4) You currently have 6 grandchildren. There is Raymond, Marie, Kobby, Ekow, Dromo and Ewuradwoa. They are all adorable and I believe you would have been such lucky grandparents to have them in your lives.
5) You missed out on our graduation, our marriage, the birth of your grandchildren, Christening and their growing up.
I’m writing this letter to tell you that I need you now more than ever, I miss you more everyday. I’m writing you this letter not from the home where we grew up. I’m writing this letter to you from a place my husband, baby Ewuradwoa and I call home.
If only I could bring you back to life. I wish I could see you again. But I know you look down on us and can’t help but feel proud of us. Saying good bye is never easy. Until we meet again, I will cherish every moment of memories that we shared.
It has been God who has kept us till date. The best gift you gave to us was Jesus. We are grateful .
Keep on resting well…. until we meet again.